Facts About Us
- We are one of the top 20 leading pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Founded in Ingelheim 1885, Boehringer Ingelheim still remains a family-owned company.
- Value through Innovation is our corporate vision, our headline goal, and has helped us build on our strength and make the most of our distinctive character.
- Our mission, in the UK, is to improve the health and well being of people and animals through being part of an independent, innovative, research and development driven company.
- In 2014, worldwide, we had sales of €13.3 billion; while spending 19.9% of net sales in our largest business segment Prescription Medicines on research and development.
- We have six R&D centres worldwide, the largest is based in Biberach, Germany. For more information, visit the R&D section of the corporate website.
- Worldwide we have 47,700 employees; 760 in the UK.
- Our key areas of interest are: respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, HIV, Parkinson's disease, thromboembolic disease, cerebrovascular disease, diabetes and oncology.
- As part of our commitment to embracing economic and social well-being in the countries and communities in which we operate, we are dedicated to addressing social and environmental issues.
- We donate to external charities through our Community Spirit programme.
- This year we have chosen Action for Children to be our Charity of the Year 2015. Action for Children support the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people throughout the UK.
Boehringer Ingelheim Websites